If your Google account ever gets hacked or if you are incapable to get into your Gmail account because you no longer have access to your mobile phone number or alternate email address, Google will require you to reaction a few security questions before restoring your account.
These questions include:
- What was the last password you used to sign-in to your Google Account?
- When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account?
- When did you create your Google Account?
All these questions are required and if you are not sure about the exact dates, Google says that you can provide your “best estimate.”
It is therefore recommended that you make a note of Google account creation date at a safe place but where you do get this information from? One option is that you open your Gmail mailbox, switch to All messages and note the timestamp of the welcome message from Gmail.
When did you create your Gmail account?
When did I create the Google Account?
In case you have deleted that email message, here is how you can lightly find out the date when you very first created you Google / Gmail account.
- Go to google.com/takeout, sign-in with your existing Google Account and click the Create an Archive button.
- On the next page, click the Edit link against the Google+ circle option and then click the link that says “Transfer your Google+ connections to another account”
- Google will once again require your account password. Sign-in and on the next screen you’ll see your Google Account creation as shown in the above screenshot.
This is one significant chunk of information that will be required for recovering your lost Gmail account.
You’ll also like:
- What To Do When Your Gmail Account is Hacked
- My Gmail Account and Google Apps Got Hacked
- Do More with Gmail
- Add More Features to your Gmail with Web Apps
Automate your work with Google Addons
Send personalized emails to numerous people with a Google Sheet
Download Gmail messages and attachments to your Google Drive
Extract email addresses from Gmail messages and save in a Google Sheet
File Upload Forms
Receive files of any size from anyone in your Google Drive
Amazon Price Tracker
Track prices of your dearest Amazon items in a Google Sheet
Create wise Twitter bots without writing a single line of code
How can we help?
We build bespoke solutions that use the capabilities and the features of Google Apps (G Suite) for automating business processes and driving business productivity.
Our Google Add-ons are deployed in some of the largest companies and universities worldwide with over 500,000 installations. Download the PDF brochure to know more.