- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Surgery
- All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures
- Dressing and-or Debridement of Wound, Infection, or Burn (incl. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)
- Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
- Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
- Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
- Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
- Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
- Arm and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Arm and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
- Mitt and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
- Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
- Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Joint Drainage
- Knee and Gam Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Knee and Lower Gam Fracture Treatment, Closed
- Knee and Lower Gam Fracture Treatment, Open
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Replacement
- Nerve Block, Somatic
- Non-Spinal Nerve Blocks
- Partial Shoulder Replacement
- Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Accomplish Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone
- Switch roles Total Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
- Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
- Shoulder Fracture Treatment
- Steroid Injection
- Synovial Biopsy
- Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
back to menu ^
What is a sanction or disciplinary act?
A sanction, also known as a disciplinary activity, is an act taken to penalize or restrict a physician who has demonstrated professional misconduct.
If my physician has sanction history, does that make him/her a poor quality physician?
If a physician has a sanction, it does not necessarily mean that he or she is a poor physician. Evaluate the information and determine how severe you think the cause and act were.
How far back does DoctorHelps sanction history go?
DoctorHelps reports state and federal sanctions (if any) for the previous five years except when a physician’s license has been revoked,suspended or surrendered.
For which states does DoctorHelps collect sanction history?
DoctorHelps collects sanction history from all 50 states. Physicians with a disciplinary act in one state may stir to another state where they may have a clean record.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice is ordinary negligence by a physician that causes injury to a patient. Examples include being improperly diagnosed, treated, medicated or operated upon outside the standard of care.
The three possible types of malpractice history are:
Arbitration Award – a payment on a medical malpractice act or claim typically based on a decision by a third-party arbiter. It is not a presumption that malpractice has occurred.
Judgment – a court order for a physician, or his or her employer, to pay a party a certain amount of money. It is a conclusion that a civil wrong has occurred.
If my physician has malpractice history, is he/she a poor quality physician?
If your physician has a malpractice claim, evaluate the information and determine if the activity could potentially influence the quality of care you receive. Claim settlements and arbitration awards may occur for a multitude of reasons, which should not necessarily reflect negatively on the physician’s professional competence or conduct. You may want to use this information to commence a discussion with the physician.
How far back does DoctorHelps malpractice history go?
DoctorHelps reports details of a physician malpractice history when the physician has at least one closed malpractice claim within the last five years, even if he or she no longer practices in that state. If your physician has malpractice claims in numerous states, evaluate the information for similarities. It is possible for numerous states to report the same claim.
For which states does DoctorHelps collect malpractice history?
DoctorHelps collects malpractice and lawsuit information for the states of California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Fresh Jersey, Fresh York, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia.
I got an appointment when I needed one.
They kept things moving and on time during my visit.
I received a correct diagnosis and up-to-date treatment.
I was given specific advice on lifestyle switches I can make to improve my health.
The provider indeed listened, gave me the time I needed, and put me at ease.
We discussed treatment options and choices I have.
The provider addressed traditional and alternative medicine treatment options in an open-minded way.
Accepting Fresh Patients
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment. back to menu ^
The right hospital is as significant as the right doctor